Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

At least they’re compassionate

michaelpaul

Well, at least they're "sorry"..............

That and at least they didn't say "unless you saved in the last 5 seconds, you're S.O.L."

it is somewhat more friendly to exit this way than to have Pro-E simply vomit at you and close but the end result is the same........actually, this way may be more annoying because you have the added aggravation of clicking close before you relaunch Pro-E!
smiley7.gif

Edited by: michaelpaul

My motto is to never apologize as it is a sign of weakness. Your moms may disagree but in business its not such a good thing.
Edited by: design-engine

design-engine said:
My motto is to never apologize as it is a sign of weakness. Your moms may disagree but in business its not such a good thing.

Bart, I have to say I find that a refusal to apologize is a sign of arrogance. To quote Hannah Montana (Yeah, I've got 3 daughters), everyone makes mistakes. To refuse to apologize is to pretend that you're perfect. Worse, it sends the message that you don't care that your error may have cost your customer something.

If I blew it, I own it and I'll let you know and do my best to make it right.

No... I just hate hearing people make apologies over and over when they should just not let it happen again.

In the case of the error window...it's simply polite English wording.Now if you get caught with the baby sitter.... an apology may be necessary to save the marriage....I do love those AuPairs tho ;)

In all honesty.... try it. Next time you feel compelled to apologize. First stop and think. Maybe of something else to say like.... 'wow. that will not happen again' or "good thing you caught that. That could have been an expensive problem"One time my prototypes did not fit and the other contractors found it before I got there. Bart, your prototypes don't fit. My answer was fast and brisk."good. Thats what prototypes are for!"I wanted to apologize because I knew I should have done one last interference check.

Try it.

I don't say thank you either.I just get up and wash the dishes. Your actions speak thank you so much better. Maybe that only works in the southern states?

Dear Bart,

Please take this in the light heartedspirit in which it is sent:-

Humility is a virtue;

Those that can do, do....those that cant just have to teach (or manage)

Jbuckl
smiley1.gif

Edited by: jbuckl

design-engine said:

"good. Thats what prototypes are for!"?

With an answer like that you wouldnt get a second chance here...
Saying "sorry for that, you'll have new ones in the morning" would show you take responsabiliy for your actions and thenit would be business as usual.

In this part of the world appologising is a sign of responsability, the other way a sign of arrogance.

I dont think you're an arrogant person, suspect you just throw in a bone here
smiley2.gif

(Did that translate well?)

After I'm done teaching a surfacing class for a major manufacturer the contract agencies associated or those who deliver surfacing projects are then in need of training. Because their technique is poor and slow or the part is often unmodifiable...Our training is in big demand... Technically our training should increase with the tighter economy.

Although my last year contracting was in 1998, i still do projects often for the companies we conduct training for. Projects completed in the style - technique administered in the class.

Try it. It might change your entire opinion.

----------------------------------------------------

As far as the apology thing and I might be arrogant to a degree... I would rather not let a mistake happen again. Everything about my manor and demeanor will be apologetic.... Just will not hear me say... "Oh, I'm sorry".How about this... "Oh Im sorry I haven't gotten around to working on your project yet."It just sounds bad.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back