Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembly won’t mesh

Ryan

I have an assembly, with three sub assemblies in it. I can mesh each sub assembly individually, but when I assemble the sub assemblies, I get errors.

"Could not complete creating elements on all of the selected entities"

"run-time error M6201: MATH -sin: DOMAIN error"

"Mechanica cannot pair the linked assembly elements near the highlighted entities. Try modifying the geometry to correct the problem."

Each time I'll tweak the settings slightly, and I'll get a new error. Those are the three most common. The last error is the most confusing, because it highlights an area on an assembly that meshes perfectly fine by itself, and only touches parts within its sub assembly.

Any help on meshing large assemblies would be helpful here.

Thanks.

I'm on the same boat with Ryan whenanalysing a 12-parts asm...I'dchanged to structure FEM modeto mesh the assembly. FEM mode has many great tools to control the process. But it seems another problem raised causeMechanica can't use the mesh created in FEMmode...

Any help being appreciated!!!

Thanx

hello

Is it possible to be sent the asm?

smiley2.gif

karavasilis

I had the same problem and now I use ANSYS DesignSpace 9.0 with Wildfire 2.0 and its wonderful.

But for idealizations Pro/mechanica is best.

Israr

No, this is not true. I have solved problems of assemblies containing subassemblies in Mechanica.

If you snd me your problem, I will giv it a try.

Israr

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back