Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Applying filters in Repeat Region Table

KamaleshAruna

Hi all,

I'm facing a problem with filter in repeat region BOM Table. I used FILTERS command BY RULE option. When i entered a rule which is similar to the following,

&asm.mbr.name == Part_1, Part_2, Part_3, Part_4, Part_5 and so on

the line exceeds 80 charecters limit. Here i have two options either i have to extent the line charecters limit or i have to move the remaining syntax to next line.I tried both the options, but I'm not able to fix this.

Can anyone help me on this regard.

Thanks in advance.

You can continue on next line like below.

&asm.mbr.name == Part_1, Part_2, Part_3, Part_4, Part_5
&asm.mbr.name == Part_6, Part_7, Part_8, Part_9, Part_10

Charles

Hi Charles,

Thanks for your kind reply.

I tried this, but the BOM Table was blank. I think it looks to match both the filters at a time.

i.e., for a single cell value, itlooks for the presence ofboth values (any of Line1 and any of Line2).

Also i'm using the following filter command syntax.

&asm.mbr.cparam.XXXXX == A, B, C, D and so on.. I need to break this line into two. I'm facing same problem while executing this syntax.

How to fix this problem.

Thanks.

perhaps you should try to rethink your logic;

why do you want to filter all of these parts by name?

you could add a parameter to the parts that you want to see, and filter by that parameter

just a thought

regards

Jim d

Does anything show up in your BOM?

Are you trying to fileter out "Part_1"?
Then it should been 'not equal' to "!=" to

&asm.mbr.name != Part_1, Part_2, Part_3, Part_4, Part_5
&asm.mbr.name != Part_6, Part_7, Part_8, Part_9, Part_10

Charles

Hi all,

This is my real problm:

I havean assembly drawing which consistsonly 2sub assemblies. 1st sub assembly have 6 parts while the second have 108 parts. My requirement is I have to show the BOM table of 1st sub assembly aloneand its corresponding BOM Balloons. The drawing views must represent the full assembly. Parameters addition/deletion/modification are out of my control.

I tried the following:

1. I made a repeat region bom table with recursive option.

2. I have to show the 6 parts by filtering them by "&asm.mbr.cparam.REF" parameter values. No other possiblities are there.

3. When i used the following syntax,

&asm.mbr.cparam.REF == 15698756, 8956623, 2583698, 4567891, and so on.

4. When i closed the editor, it shows error.

5. Then i tried with only 5 parts, then it works. When i enter the last part number, then it shows the same error. I tried with suffling the part numbers even.

Hope you understood. Plz help me to fix this.

Thanks in advance.

try making the region flat;

then filter out the ass'y w/ 108 parts;

then go to flat/recursive item;

pick the assy record w/ 6 parts;

i don't think you need to use filter by rule;

KamaleshAruna said:
I havean assembly drawing which consistsonly 2sub assemblies. 1st sub assembly have 6 parts while the second have 108 parts. My requirement is I have to show the BOM table of 1st sub assembly aloneand its corresponding BOM Balloons.

Just a thought...

Considering the above, perhaps you can have the second assembly as an overlay. In which case it will not show up in BOM.

Hi,

I have the same situation and i had overcome it by simply adding additional parameter in the parts. Say for example,

for Part_1:

parameter:SUB_ASM and its value S01 (for sub-assly 01)

for Part_2:

parameter: SUB_ASM and its value S01 (for sub-assly 01)

for Part_11:

parameter: SUB_ASM and its value S02 (for sub-assly 02)

for Part_12:

parameter: SUB_ASM and its value S02 (for sub-assly 02)

so on till all the parts.....Yes! you have to do like this for all the parts, if u wanna have ur output as u wish. (these things should be carefully thought before doing the design)

now you apply your logic in filters->by rule

&asm.mbr.SUB_ASM == "S01"

or

&asm.mbr.SUB_ASM != "S02"

or

&asm.mbr.SUB_ASM != "S01"

or

&asm.mbr.SUB_ASM == "S02"

as per ur need and update the bom. u will get it. hope this wud b helpful.

-Nawaz

Excuse me, the electronics file which has PROE?If already please spread a little.My mailbox is a MAYBEWWYH@163. COM, younger brother's ising grateful doesn't exert!

Hi Nawaz,

Thanks for your valuable sugesstion. It works for me. but the critical situation is no additional parameter has to be created as per client requirement.

Hi

Here is an approach that might work (I haven't tried it yet .... but I think I will look at in next week)

If you have (2) assemblies, they must have unique parameters that you can use. If not, perhaps the file name ..... something makes them unique. Anyways, try creating (2) seperate repeat regions and usethe firstto filter the asm1 and the other to filter the asm2. You will have to play with flat and recursive ect ... to get the repeat regions to work.

The trap I see you falling into is that if any of the part numbers change in the future, or something gets added, the filters you are creating may not pick up the change.

Yes the client is always right .... but from experience .... the client is the first one to ask for changes becasue they forgot something.

Let me know how you make out .... I'll be watching this thread.

Jody

hi kamalesh,

But let me know on what basis/logic ur client doesen't want to show the second sub-assembly in the BOM, and if there is some logic behind this u have to incorporate it in ur design in parameter form. then only u can acheive the result.

Well if cant create any parameter, look for any unique feature/parameter and apply filters for ur BOM. as far as creating an additional parameter u can ask/convince ur client for getting the result as per his requirement or need.

let me know. Have good luck.

Not sure if this would work but if you were to add the subassembly to the models in the drawing (under the setup), you can than make the table driven by the subassembly that you want to see. Not sure if you can show the balloons in a view that is not created by the subassembly but worth a shot, will take you 30 seconds to test it.

Otherwise you can create a complex relation where you assign a value to a part if it is on that assembly, that would make say a value = 1 or 2, and than use the flter function to filter out anything that is equal to 1 or 2, this is how we do it, I would need to sit down in front of proe to do an example, which I am not in front of now.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back