Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Annual Survey from PTC: Rejected?

Mindripper

I just filled out and submitted the annual electronic survey I receive from PTC. Some parts of it wereless thancomplimentary. I clicked on the 'Send' button, and .... it started loading, thenit hung and eventually the window timed out. Is this just a coincidence? Could it be due to the antiquated browser I'm forced to use (IE6)? Or is the 'independent' survey company hired by PTC pre-scanning the surveys and blocking those with less-than-stellar responses? It may have gone through, but I have no way of knowing. I do know that a second attempt to complete the survey was rejected. Perhaps I should have used the Hindi version ....

The corporate Preventers of Information Technology control this. They keep promising to upgrade, but they never have. This is getting to be a Big Problem, as many sites no longer support the antiquated IE6 browser (including the on-line help system in SolidWorks 2010). Change.....comes......very......slowly......here.

I can't imagine a reason for staying on IE6.Its all about security isn't it? Seems like the newer versions have among other things security updates, which is usually ITs biggest concern. We are forced to do all the Microsoft updates. I have to admit, with the updates even on my home XP system, my virus/malware problems are almost non existant and I run no real antivirus software. I have a 16, 13, and 11 year olds using the internet daily. I think the security patches basically make windows more of a moving target than a sitting duck.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back