Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

AD’s with SOUND!!! GRRR

puppet

Seriously,

The latest addition of ad's was amazingly annoying. Now to add to the pain you put in ad's with SOUND??? Seriously. considering leaving this forums.

This totally disrupts work flow.

For anyone whom says "turn off your sound" consider i need sound for other applications.

Puppet I hear that!!!!!!!!!
I made a comment on one of my posts about this. At least we're not getting the Survey pop-ups anymore. For Workaround see below.

View attachment 4303<== CLICK THE ->))) Till you see the X as shown to Mute.
Or refresh the page as soon as you see or hear the Adobe add.
I'd like to give Adobe a 3D PDF of my foot placed somewhere uncomfortable.

Michael

Edited by: mjcole_ptc

The ads are very annoying. I find that my downloads of the pages on this site are taking considerably longer than they used to: it can only be the ads. So I tend the site less often than I used to. This is bad, since I have picked up all kinds of hints and suggestions here that have helped me re-adapt to Pro/E over the last six months. But I rarely use audio on my PC, so the sound is of no consequence to me - other than the bandwidth it sucks up.

Have you got that, Mcadcentral? I am not paying attention to your inserted ads, nor am I listening to them. But they are driving me away from your site.

Dell Boy

Totally off the subject of ads noise.

I see you're from New Zealand. Can I ask what is the typical wage of someone working as a design engineer with approximately 9 years experience of using SolidWorks and 4 years of ProE.

We've been thinking for a long time of emigrating to NZ.

Any help woould be appreciated.

Michael

The IE based Maxthon browser has an effective AD Blocker built in, no plugins required:

www.maxthon.com

ADMIN: If your users are talking about getting an ad blocker to view your site, your ads are over the top and are not going to be viewed anymore, either by the use of an ad blocker or by just not coming around.

Dell_Boy said:
A couple of suggestions if you find ads annoying

http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/products/firefox/
and
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=adblock&am p;am p;am p;am p;amp;status=4

(edit out the space between the m and the p)

DB
I downloaded & installed Adblock Plus. I think it is working correctly but it is not filtering out all those nasty GlobalSpec ads. I think the problem is that they are FLASH media. Any way to block them?

Never mind, I found it, Flashblock:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/433

Edited by: dr_gallup

I agree with puppet! I need sound for on-line tutorials. Management finds that acceptable. I'm getting annoyed having to explain that they're hearing an adbecause I can't turn the sound off fast enough.

It's getting to be just like tv! You have to deal with pop up and slide inads during a movie or program! If I wanted to know what was coming on next I'd read the TV Guide! You spend an hour getting into a hour & half long movie to miss some of the sub-title text!!!! GRRR!!!

smiley7.gif
Ditch the freakin' ads!!!!!!!!!

Great Tip Dell_Boy.
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

PS If you are reading this page and didn't read the go to Page 1 to see his tip no more Carnie Music for me. I wish Pro/E had an ability to play MP3s cause I like listening to my own music and it helps ease frustration.

I assume you can play --hoo music through the Pro/E browser or just use Winamp if you don't have a Psycho IT Dept. That watches what you do on your workstation from Ohio none the less. Thank you for that Belcan.
smiley7.gif

Now I guess I'll never know if Adobe removes the sound from their adds but I don't really care now.

Michael

Edited by: mjcole_ptc

dr_gallup said:
I think the problem is that they are FLASH media. Any way to block them?

Flashblock is not an extension that I run but I am glad that it works for you. Personally I use a combination of Adblock (not Plus) and NoScript.

Note to Admins: blocking access to FF isn't a solution as any competent PC user can hack the HOSTS file to block ads permanently. It is just quicker and easier in FF if the ads are either irritating or so big they slow down loading of the pages.

mjcole_ptc said:
I assume you can play --hoo music through the Pro/E browser or just use Winamp if you don't have a Psycho IT Dept.

Stuff Winamp, I have a large collection of music videos and WinDVD from www.intervideo.com has a "video desktop" option which allows you to run multiple playlists of movie files as (fullscreen) wallpaper.
smiley16.gif
It also uses a low priority thread so it doesn't really slow Pro/E down.

DB

Edited by: Dell_Boy

Is it just me, or are those Adobe ads - in fact, all the in-message ads - are GONE this morning!
smiley4.gif

I wonder if they'll return?

At any rate, thanks for making our reading a little more enjoyable again. (and please don't put them back)

THEY ARE GONE

Kev

Admin guys to the rescue, shame on all the people who doubted them!!!!!!!
Edited by: prohammy

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back