Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

About Mirror Feature

ASHOK CHAUHAN

hai Friends,

I have facing problem by using mirror feature. Let I clear , I have model a part with feature curve by equation and mirror it with mirror feature, but when I change the parameter of curve its mirror has not taking updates. So I have facing problem with that. Pro-E is a parametric software I think I have done some how wrong procedure plz help me how I use parametris mirror feature.

Ashok

WF-3.0

There should be an option as you create your mirror feature as to whethermake it "dependent" or "independent".

I believe you have it set at "independent"

Hai succello

Actually I have give you detail of my model. First I have made a equation curve like half heart shape. and I want to mirror it so it is completed. Actually it is of roller cam profile. but when I update the relation parameterof equation curve, its mirror is not updated and remaining feature have suppressed because they are not getting updated refferences.

Ashok

Mirror feature does not update properly in Wildfire II. You are better off using Legacy method.

Under Applications>Legacy

Pre-Wildfire menu manager will drop down. Use Surface > Transform to select your curve and then carry out the appropriate action on it using a transform. After you have finished set the Application back to standard mode. There is no problem using this method and the part remains compatible with Wildfire.
Edited by: pjw

I probably would not have mirrored that feature. Thats easy to say in hindsite but in forsite I would have not mirrored that.

I found that the 20 to 300 seconds it saves me in time is drowned in 10+ hrs at the end of the design.
Edited by: design-engine

I agree you should avoid mirroring features but mirror the geometry itself instead. This is MUCH more stable when modifying the geometry before the mirror feature in the model tree.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back