Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

What’s happening?

My personal opinion is that it got blown a little out of proportion.. it should be simple.. quite like the little "challenges" that appear on the forum presently..

Sp.. I didn't mean to offend..

but lets be clear, you don;t need sponsers to learn

I learned from this,

[url]http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30 442&PN=0&TPN=1[/url]

you dont even need a new interface

insead of a "special interest" or committe only section of the forum there shold be a competition section where only committee can create a post but all can reply (submit).. then commiteee choose a winner! :) simple! :) (or some variation of this maybe we use the existing poll or something - but I must say that I really like the interface you proposed) It dosn't need to be complicated..

I dont know.. it's jusy my $0.02c!

James

Let us not disappoint forum member! They expect that there would be competition!!

I think that after all time, talk, thinking we put in "concept" of competition, and if nothing happened then this all was in vain, and I don't want that my time was in vain, and I think neither of you also.

I was thinking that we set all but technical things; creating special section for uploading, voting etc. sorting problems with site etc, but then nothing happened.
I personally don't know if administrators were noticed abut that, if were, what were their respond.
I also don't know abut sponsors, were there contacted or not, do we have listof might be sponsors?

Also I think that within all this words we all writhed here we lost the first and originally meaning of competition: Learning and fun (correct me if I'm wrong)

I think that competition must be in any case, with or without sponsors, with or without special section of forum.
[url]http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30 506&PN=1[/url]

Speling,

We're going through "normal" phases in a project, I guess. You start with an idea. Then youadd intresting features to it, expanding it further and further. Then comes the time that you start counting the cost (this can be money or in this case (mainly) energy). This is followed by 2 possible steps. One is a reaction of "this can't possibly be done (in the present context)" and the project gets dropped. Or we say "OK, this thing is growing over our head, we need to cut on some of the features we added and/or get more power aboard".

So I think we should get a competition going, but first concentrate on the central issue and then build it to what it could become. Knowing what you want to end up with helps to incorporate possibilities in a project that are not implemented at first. Without our previous discussions we couldn't have known the features we want to be present at one time or another.

Finding sponsors is important I think. The idea of being able to win a price while having fun gives any competition more drive. But if you need sponsors you definitely need to present a decent summary of what is going to be, how it will be structured and what kind and number of people your initiative will attract. So we need to try and condense all the ideas into something feasible and presentable.

Alex

PS

I was out with back problems for a week (typical deskworker-problem) and got me a new employer so energy was spent on other things ...
Edited by: AHA-D

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back