Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I haven

Quote Originally Posted by dr_gallup
    1:1 in Corel means it is pixel for pixel, has nothing to do with an actual size. The size will vary depending on how many pixels per inch your monitor has. Resolution means nothing, you could be using a 60" plasma HDTV or a 14" monitor at the same resolution.

What good is 1:1 if you are working on a battle ship or a mems device? Either one will show nothing on the screen. I usually put a 1:1 view on the drawing (size permitting) but I just don't see the point on the monitor. Maybe after all these years I just have a good idea of how big a micron, millimeter & meter are.

Feel free to ask PTC for it but don't hold your breath.

Taking some time to read before answering can be a help.

I said that IF you have the monitor size AND you have the resolution you (or the program) can work out what 1:1 means. In Corel DRAW (not Paint) the 1:1 was implemented by a screen with rulers that you could enlarge or shrink while measuring with a true ruler until screen and ruler thicks matched. I've noticed meanwhile that it is no longer there in Corel 10, what I'm working with, but it was there in previous versions and it worked well.

I'l also working with the 1:1 scale in Catia right now and it works excellent, so don't go and tell me that it is impossible.

Alex

I used one to one all the time with Cadkey. I work with small parts and it was indeed very useful to me. I think it is ridiculous that ProE doesn't have such a function.

Tom

PTC product Pro/Toolmaker got this functionality.Press 'L' on key board

What I am doing when my computer illiterate clients ask me to show model or assy at full scale, like srinivasanayyer do. But I am doing it with vernier.
    How you are doing it in Catia Alex? Please tell me, I am working on Catia v5r17 too.
    Besides all the discussion, if anyone get this functionality, its not bad at all. We normally don't need the scale view, but our clients and bosses always ask for weird things and we need to do that. We cant see a battle ship and a big mold completly on the screen at full scale, but what we can see is not bad to do guys.

why not model a ruler in inches and millimeters and add it to your part as a udf with coordinates

Hold a physical ruler on your screen and zoom your model to the same scale, say 1" plate or something. Just pan and rotate with Alt and Shift. Works for everyone..

I've just tried measuring the graphics area of my screen and drawing a scale rectangle in Pro/E. I then zoomed around and squinted with my head tilted and one eye closed (precision engineering), till the edges of my rectangle were lined up with the graphics area, and saved the view. It worked fine until I added or changed something outside the rectangle, then Pro/E tried to be clever and re-scaled the view.

To get round this, I drew an even bigger rectangle (my modelling skills were now close to the limit) that was bigger then the whole model was likely to get, and re-saved the view and hid the rectangles. This works fine but the standard views re-scale to fit the big rectangle. I'm not sure if you get use mapkeys to suppress features, but they do you could possibly set one up to resume the rectangles, and set the 1:1 view, and another to suppress the rectangles again.

Cheers,

Sam
    www.worthingtonsharpe.com

Beyond the Mouse

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12