Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

maintenance vs non-maintenance

tazbaby said:
akonrad,

I can understand your situation.. We are stuck using 2001, and yes.. my boss is starting to regret not paying maintenance.. ( though they where warned this would happen )

I work for a large Japanese company... and when Japan HQ says upgrade, we must upgrade. To do this we now have to pay more than 6 years back maintenance or scrap our current seats of pro and buy all new licenses.. Either way it is an awful lot of money.

My suggestion is to get onto maintenance before the back pay becomes too much. That or cut your losses.

Taz
tazbaby,

If you have gone 6 years without paying maintenance, I would expect you are far better off scrapping your current licenses and buying Pro/E all over again. It depends to a certain extent on what modules you have, but the current Foundation Advantage package includes many things that were not in the base package 6 years ago. What really pisses me of about PTC's maintenance policy is that long time users like me that paid far higher prices for our licenses and have paid maintenance all these years do not get the new functionality that a new customer gets. You need to look very carefully at this when the time comes to upgrade. I would almost say that PTC's policy encourages people to NOT get maintenance.

This is an option that we are looking at. We have3 seats flex3c, 1 Pro/NC and1 fixed standard and 1 floating standard.

It will cost us nearly

Don't scrap your old licenses! You cannot sell them, but you might still be able to get some use out of them (a new/part time employee just for modeling parts etc).

Konrad

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back