Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

mapkey in config.pro problem

simonshuai

I use wildfire 2.0 M120 version. Sometime I record mapkey and save in config.pro in ..\text\ directory.
But I found a problem that size of config.pro increases a lot after a period, main thing I can find is mapkeys duplicating many time. For example, if I create a mapkey and save it in config.pro file today, for sure next week this mapkey will duplicate many time in this file. Another problem is that if I want to delete a mapkey, I have to open config.pro file, find and delete them all, otherwise next time when I open pro/e this mapkey still work. Does anyone have an idea fix this problem?

When you save a mapkey Pro/E just writes it to the end of the config.pro file, it does not try to find an older version of the mapkey and change it. When you save mapkeys there is an option to save all or only the changed mapkeys. If you save all you will duplicate all the mapkeys. After doing this a few times you will have a big config.pro file!

1 other way of this happening is stopping a mapkey and not saving it has given medouble mapkeys this way

when i started my current job the config pro had like 17 copies of each key in it
smiley1.gif

thats why i have a copy of my favorite configs in my gmail account

Howdy all!

Long-time Pro/E - Wildfire - CREO user here. I didn't want to start a new thread, this was as close as I could find.

Problem: config.pro file loads (my custom colors show up) but no mapkeys work. I've saved the config.pro file in every location, thinking it's not getting the right one, but my colors and display settings show up, so I know it's reading the config file.

I thought maybe it was because I'm using a USB keyboard connected to a laptop, but I've never seen this behavior before on a setup like that. And the laptop keyboard doesn't work the mapkeys either.

What the heck is going? It's really impacting my speed, having to use menus to turn datums on, shade, views, etc.

Thanks!
c.

Howdy all!

Long-time Pro/E - Wildfire - CREO user here. I didn't want to start a new thread, this was as close as I could find.

Problem: config.pro file loads (my custom colors show up) but no mapkeys work.
Thanks!
c.

Mapkey's will sometimes not work when you up-grade to a newer release of Pro/E. Just a guess but in case you overlooked this part.

Were the mapkey's made in the same revision of Pro-E ?

Mapkey's will sometimes not work when you up-grade to a newer release of Pro/E. Just a guess but in case you overlooked this part.

Were the mapkey's made in the same revision of Pro-E ?

Thanks Mike!

No, that's not the problem. I've run into that many times, so much that I gave up trying to use more than the most basic mapkeys. I used to rebuild my mapkeys after new revisions, but got sick of it. These have worked for years and years, across many builds.

The problem started when I went to a different computer, but on the same version and build number of CREO (3.0, M050). It's a laptop instead of a workstation, and I have a full-size keyboard connected by USB. I thought maybe that was the problem, but the mapkeys don't work using the laptop keyboard either.

I keep thinking there is some hidden file that's blocking the mapkeys? When I start CREO I get a dialog window asking which 'Startup Configuration' I want to use ('Parametric isdx' or 'Parametric') same behavior no matter which I chose. I don't know what the 'Startup Configuration' sets, or where to find/modify it, or if it even could be the problem.

it's really killing my productivity, having to use the menus to shade, turn datums on/off, simple stuff like that.
c.

Do you have any mapkeys in the config.sup file? You can not put any mapkeys there because anything in the config.sup can not be overwritten by subsequent config.pro files. Pro/E is not smart enough to look past "mapkey" to see that the mapkeys are different.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back