Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PRO/E gray screen of death

Andy Conner

I'm looking for some help in solving the "GRAY SCREEN of DEATH".

I used to have the problem when I had too many windows (parts/models) opened at one time.

I'm now working with a guy that this happens to several times a day and it doesn't matter how many windows he has opened. It isvirtually impossible to save any work that would be lost at this time due to the fact that you can't see your pro/e screen. Sometimes as you close different windows some things re appear.

I was told that it might have something to do with GDI objects.

How do we solve this??????

If your referring to your computer locking up while using Pro/E, I usually do a CTRL-ALT-DEL and either CANCEL or LOCK and then UNLOCK your machine.

Sometimes this works for me.

I'm usually used to hearing about the BLUE screen of death....but GRAY ? I guess there is maybe more than one shade of death ?
smiley36.gif

Hope this helps ?!

I have this happen time to time and it either has something to do with his virtual memory or he has a video card that is not compadable with the build of proe he is using. I would contact ptc tech support and run the question by them they should be able to help.

hope this helps.

You didn't tell which graphic card, what machine and what version of ProE you have?
So I can't tell what really problem is.
I would assume graphic card, if this happened before then graphic card is to bad to run ProE on it, if this happened recently then maybe it is drivers for graphic card or maybe some of hardware isn't working right.

I get exactly the same thing many times a day. Pro/ENGINEER is still active (it hasn't crashed) but the screen goes completely gray. My only option is to save down any work (you can still do this) and restart Pro/E. I am running an Nvida Quadro FX330 (low end card but still satisfactory) and I have updated the drivers several times without success.

I don't know what to suggest. I thought it was a build problem with Pro/E but I have had the same issue with several datecodes.

Phil

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back