Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

trying to sketch a pyramid

smk2436

I'm new to solidworks and am trying to sketch a solid pyramid with a pentagonal base. I've only suceeded in creating a wire frame in 3d sketch mode. But when I select a facet contour or the base contour and goto insert/surface the planar option is always grayed out. The only time I seem to be able to create a planar face is if I start in 2d mode choose the front plane say and draw a closed contour. Then when I select the edges the insert/surface/planar option is avalable. If I then goto 3d sketch mode to define the apex point and connect the base vertices to it then again I'm unable to define the remaining triangular facets. It doesn't make any sense to me. Anyway can anyone suggest how to create a solid model of a pyramid with any polygon for a base?
Thanks

Hey man, this is a Pro/Engineer forum. Whatever you have written is just Blah Blah Blah...... Blah Blah Blah....... for us
smiley2.gif
. Please try the solidworks forum.

Regards,

A lot of new users do blunders like this. If I were asked whether the conversion from Proecentral to Mcadcentral has been successful for serious ProE users or not; my answer would have been "No".

I would suggest there must be annual charges for using this forum such that serious users have a pure environment.

I have noticed that so many renowned ProUsers are no more contributing and not using this forum anymore.

Jason Turk please take cognizance of this.

Israr

I've got an idea. $25 annual gets you access to a dedicated discussion group covering all topics. If you post a question like; "How do I make Boundary Blend?" or "Please send me tutorial."; e.g. anything that a quick Search would answer -- you get
smiley7.gif
smiley18.gif
smiley11.gif

$25 dam dollars!

I think PTC should pay all MVP for making there software look good. They paythere tech-help employeesand there never any help. It would be one less call PTC would have to deal with.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

to smk2436

- in Solidworks the extrude feature has a button Draft on/off.

Try to use this with a proper angle.

To others : What is the matter with you ? You can not stand it how much you

know ?

This is not first and definitively not the last...... I vote for one
good cleaning in case of forum, and better organization. I vote for
more moderators and clean politics about much new and some old stuff
and problems.

I fully agree with Speling.

Speling,

Wasn't Proecentral much cleaner than Mcadcentral in case of forum and politics?

Israr

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back