Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Fantastic = ProEngineer + Alias

Speling said:
I mean fantastic ?really fantastic. You can transfer data btw ProE and Alias products (Maya and Studio Tools) without loosing even one thing in case of geometry. I try it because I just received and install Studio Tools 13. I created something in Studio Tools, and then export it like a granite file, and then I import it into ProE. I was amazed when I realize that geometry is SOLID. Really something important in today

it is a very good product!

Design data is used directly in the CAD environment.

how can i get thesoftware ofAlias DirectConnect for Pro/ENGINEER?

very thank.

Perhaps I don't read too much, but I have not heard for Granite!!!!!
smiley2.gif

However, I do work too much with laser scanners from Leica Geosystems and compile the point cloud datasets into Cyclone. We can model them there, but usually our " deliverables" are .obj files for Maya. It is this workflow I would like to know about for WF2

Cheers, and compliments of the season.

Thanks speling!

I have not understood your meaning.very sorry.

My question is:

1.Whether pro/wf2.0 may directly open alias's.wirs files?

2. I do not have AliasDirectConnect2.0 software.is may PRO/WFopen alias'sAfter was installsDC2.0 in pro/wf?

3.what is pro/wf and alias best transmission method?

compliments of Christmas

Zly

I again must repeat - granite - In Alias you can load native prt, and
asm files, than from alias you can export files like a granite file.
You can freely load that granite into ProE

All is about granite - ProE CANT load *.wire files - It can load *.obj but that isn

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back