Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

our own tutorials

Hi Everybody!

Brad, Sorry I haven't respond to your mail, I did seen it and meant to reply! for a quick update, I have the site created, 5 or 6 in depth Beginner text tutorials (power point, pdf and part files) and am in th process of creating thevideos for them.. I have secured server space to upload the site. I've been in very successful talks with PTC/User and PTC and received their full backing and support and also have been in contact with Mr turk from MCADcentral (although that is a while ago).

when I started this project I was still in college and I've since got a job with a company called Design Partners http://www.designpartners.iewhich pretty much take up most of my time at the moment so I must apologize for not having it finished. a solid week would do it but I simply havent got thetime! I also moved cities andjust last week got broadband at home again so I havnet been able to do much without net access.

Anyway if anybody would like to help out in this venture I would ask you to send me a PM. Mr Turk asked me to keep the topic off the main forums here atMCADdue to whatcould be viewed asa rival site, however my aim was always to create a complementary site to MCAD.. I mean how can you compete witha 30,000+ member count! but anyway!

these are all great l;inks and ideas, as I said I have hosting space available and can send on the software to allow you to capture your screen as a video file if anybody would like to create short video tutorials. I can also convert commercial parts to student parts for tutorial purposes.

Anyway keep up the good work everybody!

James

i am having a problem seeing my trail files i know where they are but when i try to open them from using the play/trial file nothing shows do i need to turn a config option on?

Don't know if this Tutorial business is already solved by now, but then
I'm having a hard time finding it easily so my thought about all this
is.

If you don't have a BAD tutorial to begin with, how can you make a PERFECT tutorial?
<br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">PS.<br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">I'm for easy overviewed tutorials in .html formats like Megalodon talked about earlier in this thread, PDF is so heavy and messy I think PDF is poor.

Edited by: lordi

puppet:

There is a thread under "Drawing" called Title Block Creation. Sure would be nice to have a true step by step for this. Dell_Boy gave it the old college try, but left out the little stuff (see the thread). How does one "merge" cells. To be honest, I have not tried due to lack of time. It may not be that hard to figure out.

Roger

there are screen capture software e.g. Snagit from Techsmith (it costs around $40) available in the market. Using this you can make animations of your procedure as you do it. This is quite effective with little or no words spoken or written. Ofcourse you can add voice to your animation.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back