Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Which version of Proe do you use?

Which version of Pro/Engineer do you currently use?

• 2001 or earlier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wildfire

• Wildfire 2

• Yes, I will be upgrading in the near future

• No, I’m happy with what I have

• Total voters

Lesley

Hi all,

I'm trying to put together a case study on versions of proe used to put to my boss as part of an attempt to persuade him we need to take on maintanence again.

Please use the '4' and '5' options only if using Wildfire or older versions.

Hopefully, the replies will help my case and not hinder it!!
smiley36.gif

Thanking you in advance,

Lesley

We are still using 2001.... tho i use WF2 at university. Hopefully this might help shove my boss in the right direction n all...
smiley2.gif

We've got WF training, started one project in WF and then had to get back to 2001 for next projects because not all of the (international) company has switched already. Intralink will be introduced shortly so it will be WF anyway by then.

Regarding the poll : all of the options are mutually exclusive, wheras I think the last two should form a separate group, no ?

Alex

Hi Alex,

Yes, I did think about doing it seperately, but putting it on the same poll seemed the easiest option ... you could just come back in and vote for either of those two. I'll see how it goes.If I get no votesfor those options on here, then I'll set up a seperate poll.

Thanks for taking part.

Lesley

I use WF2 here. If you do get WF2 then I'd recommend the update training as it is considerably different to 2001. I had the update training and was up and running in no time at all. However, that would have been different if i'd not had the training. Hopefully your boss will pay for the maintenance and you'll have the new software and training.

Good Luck

Red
smiley4.gif

WF2 are more powerfull and user friendly than 2001. I hope you can help me to learn more about WF2. Hope your boss pay the maintenance.

Here's my little story. I worked a job at a prototype shop for 9 years. Took a new job do to relocation. I was on WF1.0 when i left the prototype job (do to spouse) only to find out i accepted a job that was running version 20! (i'm a user since ver.17) Nevertheless i was told they would be updating vesions and computers soon. After 6 mths I was looking for another job do to lack of forward thinking by the company (and deception). I've since landed a contracting job and i'm running wf2.0

Moral to my story, be concerned when companies don't update software. The employee can be put into a situation where they become unmarketable, the company may be struggeling, and you will have to work longer on tasks that shouldn't take as long. The latter (as i tried to explain to my former employer and fell on deaf ears) is that the less time spent clicking and performing longer in pro/e (old versions) the more time you could spend on wrapping up the projects, thus leading to pleasing the client (speed), and the obility to take on more projects leading to more profits.

<off soapbox>

justin

We use 2001 90% of the time. We are basically a "job shop" and have over 200 customers. We currently have Wildfire and WF2.0 (SolidWorks and AutoCAD)installed but sincePro-E isnot backward compatible, we still use 2001. Our customers can then bring into WF2.0 if they need to. I would have to say this poll is not representative of what our customers actually use. We find most customers that use Pro-E are still using 2001, not a newer version.

Hi dear,

actually i had training on Pro-E 2001, but since 1 year m working on pro-E wildfire 2.

and next thing mine frnd working with PTC India (Pune) who told PTC will soon launch pRO_E WF 04.

[email protected]

hi everyone

i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on creating a polystyrene material in pro/e. i am a new user to the software, and would appreciate any tips!

thanks

We are using WF2, but have plans to start some testing on WF3. Also, we are going to test Intralink 8 and hopefully switch over.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back