Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

welds in mechanica

ice_man

Does anyone have an idea of how to simulate welds in Pro/Mechanica. I tried using the Pro/Welding application but I am stuck at the "Light Trajectory Weld path". Any help would really be appreciated.

Welds are there in integrated Mechanica mode. Following welds are available:

End Weld

Perimeter Weld

Spot Weld

Pro/Welding does not work in Mechanica.

Israr

Yeah I tried doing that too, but the problem is I got the same results with the welds and without the welds in place.

I tried to offset the mating part, and the analysis failed on me. Any sample tutorials available online.

BTW I created the butt weld joint in welding application and performed analysis in Mechanica, it did work.

HI Israr:

Thanks for your help. I am fairly new to Pro/ E and Mechanica. Now I tried ot run the analysis with your shell model withouth the welds, and ran the analysis with the end welds and the perimeter welds. I got the exact same results.

If I go to Welding application in Pro/E and create the fillet welds and butt welds, I need to put a gap in between those two extrusions, unles it wont do it. But the problem then is I cant run the analysis on that model.

Thank you in advance.

Pro/e Weld

I found this post a little bit old, but I have similar issue.

I need to create (and later to simulate) welded construction in Pro/E.
I created the weldings, with the suitable material, but when I try to simulate them, all weldings are meshed with shells and I cant understand the ressults. In the following webpage I enclose some additional information. However, if further information is needed I could provide it.

Mechanical engineering other topics - Creo Elements and Welding (FEM)

Thanks in advance

2005-06-29_201902_weld_assembly.zip

This is the solution. Your assembly has following faults:

The first component is not fully constrained.

There is no need of gap for fillet and butt welds.

Just run the analysis and see the results.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back