Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

copy a drawing into another drawing

paoloz

I have this problem:

I want to add the sheets (with all the views, note, etc, etc) of the file "drawing_2.drw" into the file "drawing_1.drw".

Drawing_1 is an assembly drawing, drawing_2 is a drawing of a part which is inside the assembly.

Thanks,

Paolo

Just go to Insert/Shared Data/From File and pick the drawing. All the sheets will come in, then you can delete anything you don't want.

Paolo:

Another way to do it is using Overlays.

Overlays is a powerful functionality of Pro/E drawing mode. With that you would be able toshowall the sheets (with all the views, note, etc, etc) from"drawing_2.drw" into file "drawing_1.drw". Also "drawing_2.drw" will be updated automatically with the changes done in "drawing_2.drw". .

Here is the some info from Pro/Help. Look into Pro/Help for more details and explore it. I am sure you would appreciate it.
smiley32.gif

Using overlays, you can superimpose selected views or an entire sheet of one drawing over the current drawing sheet. This functionality is available for drawings, layouts, reports, and diagrams; each can reference objects of these four types, as well as formats.
When working with overlays, keep in mind the following:
?Overlays are read-only in the current drawing.
?The system updates overlays to changes in the source drawing.
?Overlaid views appear with all detail items.
?You cannot select overlays for any drawing procedure.
?If the size of the current drawing is different from the size of the source drawing, the overlays brought into the current drawing maintain the same screen size (that is, they occupy the same portion of the graphics window) as they had in the source drawing.

Manu Picks for 2001:
DRAWING->Advanced->Overlays

If your requirement is just to copy the "drawing_2.drw" into "drawing_1.drw" you may use Merge command.
Menu picks... DRAWING->Advanced->Merge

-Ravikumar
Edited by: ravikd

Does anyone know if you can copy one sheet (with all the views and dimensions, ect.) into another sheet.

Thanks in advanced

Omar

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back