Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

MultiCavityMoldDesign

You can patern reference part 4 times in right places first (use
pattern table if you can, or , then make so much workpieces, how much
mould plates pairs do you intent to have, make parting surface for each
wp, split mold wolumes that you need, and that it's.

You can also mould one die pair, than in another assembly copy or mirror this parts.

We use many 4 cavity mould's for production reasons, and there is no
better software, than Pro/E, for this. We make compleete tools for Al
die casting in Pro/E, and, if you need examples, I can send you some
examples. But, the size of all parts together can reach many 100 Mega
Bytes.

I hope, that this information could help you.

Helo

Thanks for Reply...How you may send me Examples/Helping Files for Complete Mold Design

Is it possibe to Generate Single Parting Line for mmultyCavity Mold instead of pattered the part or assemlying the part

2nd Question

is possibe to Desing a mold that having Four Sides .

when we split mold .it may split work piece in four parts normally we have 02 parts punch and cavity.

Regards

Hi Maya<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Tell me plz that what option is better that I will send u trail file or make an html or pdf example???
U can email me at [email protected]

Zaki

Hi all,

I'm also interested in multicavity mold. Right now, we are doing 10-20
different parts in one mold and I would like to have inputs to know
whether what we're doing is correct.

Please send me one also thru [email protected]

Thanks.

THE CORRECT WAY IS.PATTERNING THE COMONENTS USING LOCATE REFPART OPTION IN PROMOULD.THEN CREATING A SINGLE PARTING SURFACE.

IF IT IS A FAMILY MOULD THEN U HAVE TO ASSEMBLE IT SEPARATELY. WHILE SPILTTING U GET OPTIONS FOR ONLY ONE VOLUME OR TWO VOLUME.BUT U CAN SPLIT THOSE TWO COMPONENTS AGAIN TO CREATE SLIDER.CORE PIN AND ALL.U CAN EXTRACT ELECTRODE ALSO
ANY MORE DOUBTS IN MOULD.PLZ CONTACT ME
Edited by: dibz

smiley1.gif
HI,AR U FILIPINA MIS MAYA..............

Maya said:
Helo

Thanks for Reply...How you may send me Examples/Helping Files for Complete Mold Design

Is it possibe to Generate Single Parting Line for mmultyCavity Mold instead of pattered the part or assemlying the part

2nd Question

is possibe to Desing a mold that having Four Sides .

when we split mold .it may split work piece in four parts normally we have 02 parts punch and cavity.

Regards

HI
I WILL EXPLAIN U
OPEN MOULDCAVITY.GOT TO MOULD MODEL,LOCATE REF PART,
SELECT THE REFERENCE PART U WANT TO PATTERN.
NW U HAVE POWERFUL 4 OPTIOMS TO PATTERN THE COMPOMNENT.
SINGLE ,RECTANGULAR,CIRCULAR,VARIABLE
BELOW THAT U HAVE COLUMS FOR NUMBER OF CAVITIES ACCORDING TO PATTERN STYLE U SELECTED.
AFTER PATTERNING.MAKE PARTING SURFACE ACCORDING TO THE REF PART.IF IT IS A FLAT ONE MAKE IT.OTHERWISE MAKE SEPARATE PARTING SURFACES AND MERGE THEM EACH OTHER.
NOW U CAN SPLIT THE MOULD

FOR SLIDERS U HAVE TO MAKE SEPARATE PARTING SURFACES.
AT A TIME U CAN SPLIT ONLY UP TO 2 VOLUMES.
U CAN SPLIT THOSE VOLUMES AGAIN TO 2 VOLUMES AND SO ON.
FOR THIS WHILE ASKNG TO SELECT ALL WORK PIECES SELECT THE SELCOMPONENT OPTION INSTED OF WORK PIECE. THEN SELECT EXTRACTED VOLUME FOR SEPARATING THE SLIDER FROM IT.OK THEN

Hi, Im wondering how those mold experts make a "multicavity and multi ref part" mold in Pro/moldesign. What I mean is the partsare not technically assembled to form one model. But instead, like making a spoon, folk, knife and chopsticks in example in one mold. I hope you see what i mean...And basically the partsare connected with runner.I assume it is done with assembly in mold layout environment...by positioning the ref parts. But Im not too sure, hope you can clarify this...I have not yet tried it either...Im sorry but please advise...

HI
There are many ways to do a mould design in pro mould,
main thing is splitting in to core ,cavity , inserts, and sliders,
other parts are done in same mould assembly manually(assembly modelling), or in mould layout using standard mould bases, generally,
it s very easy and interesting once u get into it,

Dear All

Have anyone receive the tutorial from Zaki? If so, could please send it to me also.
[email protected]

Mr. Admin please do not banned me for putting my mail account here...
I beg your pardon.

Thanx all

Hi all,

I dont understand what is going on in this post.I dont think anyone seemed to be intrested with the postsof the only person(this is my personal view)who was giving absolutely right ans(DIBZ). Guys there are lots of easy approach in proe provided you use the right module. There is a direct approach(no table pattern, nothing) in TDO or tool and die design option which is a part of proe to create the multicavity mold.just follow the post of DIBZ you all will be able to do it.

GOOD LUCK.

Regards,

Deepak Bhat
Edited by: deepakbhat_nie

i tried to work by creating a pattern of the refrence component but , i am not able to craete the parting plane, it gived me an unresolved error,

can somebody help me & I will be gratefull for the link

my address is [email protected]

thanks in advance

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back