Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

MultiCavityMoldDesign

Hi All

I think mose people didnt visit when I was created a multi cavity mold tutorial on my website. Anyway, its no longer available. Actually I dont have any mold tutorial and I am extremely bussy frommore then one year, so I didnt post any tutorial here. I will try today to make one tutorial and paste it here.

There are two practical ways to create multi cavity mold. One is simple insert method. Just split an insert of single cavity and make pockets in the mold. Another one is mostly using identical parts, but you can make different parts too. But remember, you must not create pattern for parting surface. You can pattern your part but not the surface. If anybody have any simple part plz post it here, I will split the mold, and plz tell me the version you people like wf2 or 3???

Zaki

HI ZAKI

ITS REALLY USEFUL,U MADE A SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND

DATS JUST BASIC WAT ZAKI HAS GIVEN

I MAKE MULTI CAVITY SOME TIMES WITH DIFFERENT COMPONENTS IN SAME MOLD

IT DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH U TRY THE OTHER OPTION BY YOURSELF

DAT'S GONA HELP U LOT

SO TRY TO EXPLORE THE OPTIONS PRO-E HAS

smiley36.gif

thanx for your complements Patil. Actually dear, its too hard to sit on pc after a very bussy day for seriuos work. I cant share most of my work as it is not allowed by the owner. But I as I get the time, I will make two or three complex mold tutorials for all kind.

ur WELCOME zaki,

ya i known watu mean,its really too hard after a busy day

i'll be waiting for tutorial dear
smiley32.gif

Alvin dear

I think I didnt delete the tutorial form the server. I was out of city for more than a month, so they inactive my acount and I lost the data. If someone have it plz upload it here or email me, bcoz I dont remember where it is now. But I will search. Hy Patel, if you have it plz upload it here.

I created a single cavity mold example (simple example) where using top down design and copy geom splits the mold base to create a core and cavity. My mold design is limited but I want to learn ..... This same process works excelent for multi cavity mold base creations.

Not using molddesign there is shrinkage that needs applying.... cooling lines... runners.... I will read more tonight here on the forum.... is there a process once the cavity is created. I am somewhat familiar with how PDT did it..... But I lack the much of the process after the design removes core and cavity.

I am creating a tutorial for it and will make a youtube video this week but I thought I could get some general direction for the rest....

1 Is there a list of pieces or parts for mold design? or do mold shops/tooling vendors create their own? ere

2 are there standard steel sizes and assuming so what are the basic forms and how do mold designers choose with respect to the part?

3 what tricks are there for 'reverse engineering the parting surface' is out there. I know SW has a surfacing tool that can get a surface from a parting line.

Edited by: design-engine

Pro mold design has same functionality like SW. It called skirt parting surface. But we must need to define a parting curve for it by self. Only very simple part could be created parting line automatically. Plz check it.

i use surface copy,move solidfy for muty cavity lay out...i think its simple....just one split enough rite......

Helpfull....

I created several workshops to teach designers how to design plastic parts so designers don't get too much grief from you mold makers and plastic injection professionals. I need a little help bulletproofing my workshop.

Do you guys start with a start assembly specific to the size of the part being molded?

Can anyone upload a mold base that I might be able to use for my plastics or die cast part design workshop?

I could really use some feedback on the sales pages for the classes.Any feedback or assistance would be greatly appreciated.What stupid mistakes do you (moldmakers) often find (besides draft issues) when you evaluate a part for making the tool?

http://www.proetools.com/courses/plastics/plastics.htm
Plastic Part Design class

http://www.proetools.com/courses/plastics/diecast.htm
Die Cast Part Design class

http://www.proetools.com/courses/plastics/forging.htm
Forging Part Design class

Edited by: design-engine

Hi Bart
normal analysis that are available in the CADs (pro, catia, sw, ug etc) are for only simple parts. But those circumstanses always not available and no part designer trying to put those on part. Always designers are facing another important constraints. So most important thing is the part must be moldable at any cost. Even you will make a hundred sliders, lifter and cores in mold.
smiley2.gif

Did you check my very old post, another mold design challange?? It has been more two years and no one post a single pic of its mold design. That part is too hard to design the mold, but not impossible. Two molds are running in company and I will post their pics in Feb or March 2009. Main thing is that the part must fulfill your needs.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back