Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to combine component into one?

tancs

DEar All:

isn't a simple way i can combine all the component (main & sub) to one component in CATPart file format?

thanks...

do you have an assembly file with all components in correct positions?

if yes, open this assembly file then export/save as Catpart. Then open this exported catpart file, you can combine all solids together by Boolearn operations

if no, start an assembly file, insert catparts, then relocate them to correct positions by adding constraints/ by compass.

dicksham

Boolearn operations is allow insert/join sub-component rite?

I want is to join all interface/sub-component/polygn become one component.

I use this catia file and export to "wrl" but some file was too large and hard to published to internet.

U have any ideas to optimal the polygon? I do not need the actual size/view when publish in internet.

Disksham, really thanks lot.. u help me alot.....:)
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

if you export an assembly into a catpart, all components will become independent solid bodies in a part. Surely you can use boolean operation to add them together to form ONE solid, provided that they are overlapping each other or have zero contact.

i am not sure whether we can change the resolution of wrl. But i am 100% sure that we can change this on STL. Change the 3d performance under Tools/options... (as i remember. i have no catia now)

if you cannot change the resolution, i suggest you can simplify your large model manually, e.g. delete small/unimportant/hidden details to make the file smaller beforeexportinginto wrl. Anyway, wrl is just for quickreview.

dicksham said:
if you export an assembly into a catpart, all components will become independent solid bodies in a part. Surely you can use boolean operation to add them together to form ONE solid, provided that they are overlapping each other or have zero contact.

i am not sure whether we can change the resolution of wrl. But i am 100% sure that we can change this on STL. Change the 3d performance under Tools/options... (as i remember. i have no catia now)

if you cannot change the resolution, i suggest you can simplify your large model manually, e.g. delete small/unimportant/hidden details to make the file smaller beforeexportinginto wrl. Anyway, wrl is just for quickreview.

yes..."wrl" if for quick review....but some file was to large (up to 2-5mb) and it was not possible to publish to the web due to the loading problems...

chusoon

dicksham said:

dear dicksham:

i try the "options" on the menu but can't find out the the setting to reduce the size and performance. I attach the print screen, can you help to figure out?

i already remove all hide/unuse part but the file still very big. You have any ideas how to reduce the "share" / "Polygon" of each part?

thanks.

regards:
chusoon

same as the way of changing resolution of STL export (polygon)...

select "Tools/options" on the top menu bar

select "general/display/performance", then change the value of 3d Accuracy (higher value gives lower resolution, thus fewer polygons)

Dear Dicksham:

i try set 3d accuracy to following:
Proporional = 1
or
Fixed = 5

but the output not much different and the file was not reduce a lot.

any other ideas can reduce the polygon (i do not need high resolution 3D)?

Really to trouble u.

chusoon

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back