Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

first angle projection

tonton sam

hello,

since this is my first post, i'm gonna keep it short ,

i'm a industrial product design-student in belgium, and as we are learning to work with Pro/e i had the remark off the teacher that it was impossible to change the view from thrid angle possition, to first angle...

now i'm not a believer, and i search the net for answers, as pro/e is not a common used program like autocad or whatever, the only info i found was that i had to change config.pro with some strings to obtain a standard first angle projection in my drawings

is this making any sence to anybody, i found some strings but i'm not sure what to do with them, <A name=19_PROJ_ANGLE>19_PROJ_ANGLE </A>, is one of them but i just past it in my config.pro?

any help would be usefull

thank you

tonton s@m

Hi Tonton,

In the drawing mode, you need to set the value for option "projection type" to "first_angle".

Menu manager - Drawing - Advance - Draw Setup - ...

This filecontrols options for drawings and is saved with .dtl extension.

Regards

Sebastian

tonton sam said:
hello,

since this is my first post, i'm gonna keep it short ,

i'm a industrial product design-student in belgium, and as we are learning to work with Pro/e i had the remark off the teacher that it was impossible to change the view from thrid angle possition, to first angle...

now i'm not a believer, and i search the net for answers, as pro/e is not a common used program like autocad or whatever, the only info i found was that i had to change config.pro with some strings to obtain a standard first angle projection in my drawings

is this making any sence to anybody, i found some strings but i'm not sure what to do with them, <A name=19_PROJ_ANGLE>19_PROJ_ANGLE </A>, is one of them but i just past it in my config.pro?

any help would be usefull

thank you

tonton s@m

Just a word of caution. Changing the projection type only changes NEW views, not existing views. So if you create some projection views, change the projection type and make some more views you will have both 1st and 3rd angle projections in the same drawing. Not recommended! You should also always have a note in your drawing format stating the type of projection used.

Sir

We must be very cautious,first we must be clear that whether the drawing is in first angle or the third.better set this is drawing>advanced>setup.there change the projection angle to the required one.this thing will happen in every pro/e user.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back