Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

SNAP LINES

vbvbvb

HI EB

WHEN WE USE CLEAN UP DIM OPTION, SNAP LINES WILL BE CREATED BY PROE,HOW TO MAKE THESE SNAP LINES INVISIBLE

REGARDS

VB

I don't know which version you're using, but in Proe2001, in the 'Clean Dimensions' dialogue box there is a 'Create Snap Lines' check box. Uncheck this, and it should erase your snap lines.

Hope this helps!
smiley1.gif

Lesley

Or put them on a drawing layer once they are created and hide them when they are not needed. I prefer to always keep them as it makes for easier editing of dimensions in the future,when you need to make changes to the drawing. By always keeping them you can snapnew / editeddrawing itemsback to the existing snaplines, and hide the snap line layer once you arefinished. Justmy personal preference.

Richh

THANX LESLEY
smiley17.gif

I KNOW IF U UNCHECK THE 'Create Snap Lines' CHECK BOX SNAP LINES WILL NOT BE CREATED BY PROE BUT IF ALREADY THERE IS ANY SNAP LINES HOW TO REMOVE IT AT ONCE

If you want to keep them, but not see them, then I would follow Richh's solution.

If you want them to disappear forever, click on the snap line displayed, right click and delete.

Lesley

OK, all possible solutions but .....

Put them on a layer ?

I don't know why you should do that. In ProE2001 you can hide your snap lines by simply uncheck a button.

Go to Utilities --> Environment --> Uncheck the Snap Lines Button. Redraw your drawing and your snap lines will be erased. (not deleted)

Regards,

Filip

FDdesign,

Layering them is just a personal preference of mine. Thereis one main advantageI feel to layering them off. It can be helpful in controlling what snaplines you want to see, and which ones you don'ton more complicated drawings. Other than that there is no other reason I can think of to layer them. Thanks for the reply,

Richh

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back