Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Set a parameter value in a trail file or mapkey?

EddyVE

Hi all,

WildFire 4.0.
I would like to set / change the value of a parameter in a trail file or a mapkey (which are pretty much the same things).
I currently do that by using a mapkey that opens the Parameters Window ("Tools / Parameters"), selecting the parameter line, then "Parameters / Parameter Properties" and setting the parameter value.
That works, but the fast opening and closing of the windows causes flickering and is annoying to see.
So I was wondering, is there a way to set the value of a parameter directly in a trail file?
I know you can read the parameter value using the "&" operand, but how to set it ..?

prul1.jpg

Hi Eddy,
Do you use Windchill? It is easy with change attribute in Windchill.
If you don't have Windchill, I guess you can use mapkey or ModelCHECK. I haven't tried trail file.

Hi Eddy,
Do you use Windchill? It is easy with change attribute in Windchill.
If you don't have Windchill, I guess you can use mapkey or ModelCHECK. I haven't tried trail file.
Hi Charles,
No we haven't got WindChill. Maybe in a while, because we are in the process of migrating to Creo 4.0.
The thing is, I would like to change the value of this parameter with the click of a single button or by a single keypress.
I have something that sort of works, modifying a trail file by an external program that I wrote. Then executing a mapkey (also automatically by my external program) that calls and executes this trail file. The only annoying thing is the windows that pop up briefly when the trail file changes the parameter.
I would think there has to be a more direct and cleaner way to change a parameter value.
But perhaps not ... :)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back