Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

copy dwg with multiple models

sadrok2

Is there a way to create a new drawing from an existing one that has several different models driving it and be able to save all the models with new names? using creo 3.0 and windchill.

Windchill, as stated in original post.

I have to remember to read the whole sentence with my glasses on next time. Give me a little time to check when I am back at work on Monday. I try to give you clear details. One quick question. Are the models standalone or do the have parent child refs ? Best to just rename them all.

Canoemike, didn't mean to sound annoyed. I was leaving for the day and tried to make it short. They are huge assemblies, 200-300 parts per. I'll try the rename.

Busy day at work today for me, I have not forgot your quest.

"didn't mean to sound annoyed" none taken as I know Creo/ Windchill will make anyone feel annoyed. There are many on this site who know what I mean.

Let me know if I should continue with input.

I got it to work. I renamed them all in windchill, I was attempting to do it in my workspace and it was messy.
Thanks for the input.

Good to hear you had success. Creo / Windchill can be the gift that keeps on giving. Meaning the learning new ways does not stop.

Back to your quest- keep in mind windchill is one smart dude. It maybe trying to prevent breaking relationships during an attempt to use it's Save-As function. Also if you did an offline rename there are risks, so the more I use this system I prefer to stay in Windchill as you did. I tried to attached a pdf but it was to big for this site.:p So here a screen shot that my be of help.

Again good to hear your journey is moving forward. Hang on for the ride.

Attachments

• artical.JPG
    artical.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back