Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Newbie to animation

Indyrose

This is my first post here. I have a worked in Creo Parametrics since 2013, and Pro E from 2001 to 2009, but have never "properly" learned it. None of my colleagues, nor I, have ever attempted an animation, so I have no one local to show me what I need (which is everything).

First, I'm a bit confused between the Mechanism and Animation application (see attached). I see Youtubes using both for animations, and I'm not sure which one I need.

My goal is to create instructional animated videos for such things as disassembly/assembly, operation, adjustment, etc., for the end user. I don't need analysis, which I believe is the primary function of Mechanism -- I think. I've had a great deal of frustration trying to find answers on PTC's websites.

Is this even the best tool? Or should an outside animation tool (Maya LT?) be used? My company won't buy Creo Illustrate, but maybe if I show better instructional products, they may reconsider.

Indyrose

Attachments

• toolbar.JPG
    toolbar.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 12

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back