Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How do I find older Solidworks software?

strombley

Hi

My name is Steve T. and I am hoping someone will be able to give me a little help. I am a mechanical engineer by training and used Solidworks when I was part of a small firm called Bindery Solutions based in S. Burlington, Vt (no longer in business). I own a license for Solidworks 2003. I don’t currently do any design work but would like to access and modify my old drawings. parts and assemblies. Unfortunately, I have not been able to come up with a disc to download the software. I tried for some time to get my reseller CAP, inc to help with a download link, as they have done in the past, but they and Solidworks told me they were unable to help me this time. I am hoping someone may have or know someone who has the software available and would be able to help me out. I would be extremely grateful for any help you can provide and would be willing to pay a fee if that helps and can provide more information if needed. If I was going to use it in any fashion to earn income I would be happy to buy a new seat but I am just doing hobby work and cannot justify the expense.

Thank you in advance for any help or guidance you are able to provide.

Best

Steve

All of the versions of SWX were available by disc until 2015 or 2016, maybe even 2014, when the software became available by download only.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back