Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creo 2.0 Hole tool

saspinall

Hi

Never been too much of a fan of the hole tool, always been old school and used a revolve and a cosmetic thread to show internal threaded holes. As our company are now looking at Cad/Cam and MBD, I have started to look at using the threaded hole tool more as the data will then transfer through to further programs we intend to use. However, I'm finding a few flaws with the tool, especially when trying to insert a threaded hole through the od to the id of a cylindrical part, it will not allow me to simply say that the thread is a through thread, it always gives me a depth of thread. We are on quite an old version of Creo, being Creo 2.0 M110

Attachments

• Capture-Thread-Hole-Definition.JPG
    Capture-Thread-Hole-Definition.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 12
It works in Creo 4. Those 1 and 2 earlier versions seemed a bit balky to me. Things are definitely nailed down better in 4.

I could be wrong since I don't use the thread too either but i think you need a through hole to use a through thread.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back