Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Duplicate Assembly Constraint Set

TMPENG

Anyone know if there is a way to quickly duplicate an Assembly Constraint Set? I am trying to model the extend and retract of the rod of an air cylinder. I do this quite frequently. I would like to create two assembly sets that are identical except for the distance in a mate constraint. I set up the first assembly set to constrain the rod for the retract position. I would to quickly create the second assembly set by copy/paste if you will ideally, and then just change the distance value on the mate constraint. I've played a little bit with interfaces, but I'm not confident that is a solution or the best solution.

Thanks

you can use copy paste on the assembly part to paste the new part so that half of the assembly constraints are already done for you. I think that works in Creo 2.0 as well.

Also

You can set up specific interface options. I suggest doing this for library parts but it can be hard to train all the engineering staff to remember that's whats going on.

I was actually looking to create assembly sets for the same part where the second assembly set is exactly the same as the first except the mate distance.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back