Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Asme 14.5-2009

Scott_M

Hello all, I have what I believe to be a simple question, but like all things regarding Pro/Engineer it won't be.

We are currently using Wildfire 5.0 and our drawings are ASME 14.5-1994 complaint. We have a new customer that, in their requirements statements, they want all submitted drawings be ASME 14.5-2009 complaint.

And now for the simple question: Is Wildfire 5.0 ASME 14.5-2009 complaint?

I know the 2009 specification has MMB, LMB, and RMB, which I have never seen in Wildfire 5.0.

Thanks in Advance,

Scott Monday
Senior Designer
Eaton Aerospace

ASME Y14.5-2009/Wildfire 5.0

The symbols for Boundary, Maximum Material (MMB), Boundary, Least Material (LMB) defined in ASME Y14.5-2009 are the same as MMC and LMC so Wildfire should support the new standard. RMB, MMB, and LMB apply to datum features.

Hello all, I have what I believe to be a simple question, but like all things regarding Pro/Engineer it won't be.

We are currently using Wildfire 5.0 and our drawings are ASME 14.5-1994 complaint. We have a new customer that, in their requirements statements, they want all submitted drawings be ASME 14.5-2009 complaint.

And now for the simple question: Is Wildfire 5.0 ASME 14.5-2009 complaint?

I know the 2009 specification has MMB, LMB, and RMB, which I have never seen in Wildfire 5.0.

Thanks in Advance,

Scott Monday
Senior Designer
Eaton Aerospace

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back