Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Display Drawing Dimensions in Feet, Inches and Fractions of an Inch

ProGearEngineer

Is it possible to display drawing dimensions in feet, inches and fractions of an inch for an architectural project I'm working on? I'm familiar with with config options create_fraction_dim, dim_fraction_format and use_major_units.

Maybe if I could get just feet and inches in the drawing with decimal fractions of an inch it would help.

I know that sketchup is probably a good tool to use but I have a 3D solid model of my lot and I want to use it to position the house appropriately on the lot. I'm not sure sketchup will take an import from ProE.

Cheers,

PGE

Please use following settings -
Please set config option 'create_fraction_dim' to 'yes'.
Please set detail options 'use_major_units' to 'yes' and 'drawing_units' to 'inch'.

That doesn't work. It only gives me Feet and fractions of a foot. I want feet, inches and then fraction of an inch. For instance I want a dimension to show on my drawing as 6' 4 1/8" the decimal equivalent is about 6.3437'. It is shown on the drawing as 6 11/32' instead of 6' 4 1/8".

I just don't think it can be done but thanks for the help. Other tips appreciated.

PGE

If you are dimensioning a 3D solid model in a drawing, please use following settings -
1) Please set config option 'create_fraction_dim' to 'yes'.
2) Please set units in the 3D solid model to 'inch' (not 'foot').
3) Please set detail options 'use_major_units' to 'yes' and 'drawing_units' to 'inch' in the drawing. This should display dimensions in 'feet inches' format in the drawing.
4) Please set detail option 'use_major_units' to 'yes' in 3D solid model, if you want to display dimensions in 'feet inches' format in 3D solid model also.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back