Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to make a spiral conveyor

Jing Wang

Hello
I need a little help with how to get started. The project is to make a spiral conveyor and in my head it would be easiet to make like one third or half and then cointinue building it fronthe same part. I have tried helical sweep and it does not feel right since it will give me problem when i try to assembly it with other parts later. Does anyone have a lead for me? I use creo parametric 3.0

Think of it otherwise as a spiral track.

Thanks in advance

You will need a helical sweep datum curve in the assembly. Once you have on part (or subassembly) you can pattern the part (or subassembly) along the helical sweep. The trick will be to get all the assembly references to the the helical sweep so the parts will pattern correctly.

You will need a helical sweep datum curve in the assembly. Once you have on part (or subassembly) you can pattern the part (or subassembly) along the helical sweep. The trick will be to get all the assembly references to the the helical sweep so the parts will pattern correctly.

But for the one third part. Should it be made with helical sweep? Or what technique should I use? Because if I use helical sweep it is impossible to subassembly it.

But for the one third part. Should it be made with helical sweep? Or what technique should I use? Because if I use helical sweep it is impossible to subassembly it.

Each step of your staircase is a part that is likely identical. Reference pattern this part based upon the helical sweep pattern in the assembly.

If you pattern the conveyor about an axis you can add a vertical dimension as a secondary reference - this should give you what you want without needing to draw a datum curve.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back