Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Autofilling MODELED_BY Parameter

azaex

Is there any way to automatically fill the MODELED_BY parameter on creation? I'm on a Formula SAE team and our workflow is (unfortunately) pretty fluid, and it would be nice to check who spawned a random part in the start directory or some particularly malignant folder. We have start parts configured in a common team directory, I just can't figure out a way to fill the parameter field in.

I've tried figuring out how to pull an environment variable into Relations, but haven't figured out any way of filling the field. My idea was to setup a parameter, INIT_MODEL NO, and do this:

IF INIT_MODEL == NO
MODELED_BY = (pull %USERNAME% in here)

but I can't figure out a way to get an environment variable in there. I feel like there has to be some way of doing it though, since Creo can definitely access in environment variables in config.pro and other features. I don't want to create a custom c user program program just do fill it in, since I don't think those automatically re-evaluate like a parameter does. I've heard of talk about Pro/TABLE, but have no idea how that works unfortunately. Willing to learn new things though, if anyone has an idea

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back