Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Performing a backup including drawings

toonyank

Hi all,

I think I might know the answer here. I might be stuck.

In short, my company has been purchased by another company which uses Solid Works. The goal ultimately is to convert or remodel everything to SW.

In the mean time we are considering having a stand alone seat of Creo. The question I have is whether or not I can perform a backup of a given assembly and collect all related part drawings? Obviously child parts of the assembly is automatic but each component part drawing is another thing. I just don't know if this is even possible.

Kind regards,

Greg

Sorry for the late reply, but I believe you should be able to do this.

I assume you are using Windchill. First, add the assembly, with all dependent object, and Collect Related Drawings, to a workspace.

In the workspace, then select the assembly, and choose File > Save As. Set the dependencies to All, select all objects, and click the icon for Collect Related Drawings.

By default, the program creates a [drawing file name].bak file when you ... heading, select the Create Backup Copy With Each Save check box.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back