Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

2 jaw gripper

TMPENG

Hi,

I am trying to model a two jaw gripper. I have constrained each jaw to the main section of the gripper assembly with a slider constraint. I can drag each jaw independently as needed. This is a purchased component, and I have downloaded the models which are not detailed enough to include the mechanical internals.

I would like to be able to drag one jaw and have the other move as well as if the jaws are mechanically linked like they are in the real world. I could model a linkage, constrain it, and hide those components.

I'm wondering if there is an easier way. I thought I might use relations and set the translation dimensions for each jaw to be equal. However, I do not seem to be able to get that to work.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Matt

I did something similar in the past but can't remember if there was some mechanism involved or if I simply used a skeleton model to build the underlying structure and assemble the parts to the skeleton. Then the skeleton was used as a dragger

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back