Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembly Model Tree Icons

dr_gallup

I should know this but I've searched the Pro/E help, all my squirreled away reference notes and on this site and can't find it. I've got someone else's assembly model and there are little rectangles next to the model tree icons. I can't figure out what that's about. I thought maybe they were just packaged but when I redefine them they are already fully constrained.

Capture.JPG

What does it mean & how do I make it go away?

Regarding your first example with the assembly icon, it has been my experience that there is a part within that subassembly that is not constrained properly.

The second part example what I have found is because there is a dependency to the part/assembly above, it also defaults to being not constrained. when you clear up the cause, the remainder will self heal.

I've also seen this when doing mechanism constraints. The part will show as fully constrained in the edit definition dialog but because it's allowed to move in mechanism space it'll put the open square by it.

turn on the status column in your model tree, this will tell you what the symbols are.

Thank you! That did it, some of them were "child of packaged component". So when I tried to redefine them they were already fully constrained. I had to find the upper level packaged component. Once that was fixed all was good.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back