Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

convert to construction geom in sketcher w/ use edge

design-engine

I thought we could in Creo convert a projected edge (use edge) to be later a construction geometry like in SW. I'm surprised I can't. Does anyone remember doing this in previous releases?

Bart - You can make it construction. Delete the "use edge" constraint (sideways s) then change to construction.

Bart - You can make it construction. Delete the "use edge" constraint (sideways s) then change to construction.

This is a great tip I've never thought of doing it this way, thank you! I usually delete the projected edge and keep the reference to draw a new construction if needed. Do you know if there's an option to prevent the "use edge" constraint to appear at all?

In the top left corner of the sketcher tabs, click the references button and then select the edge you want. Granted it's a reference line and not geometry converted to construction but does basically the same thing in one step rather than projecting, deleting the "s" and converting to construction or projecting and deleting the geometry.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 12

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back