Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

IDD Move Vertex

mach-4

I have an imported step file that geometry check points out that I have bad vertices. What is the best way to attack this? There is what looks to be an extra curve in there but I am not able to delete it in IDD. The help file is not very helpful for the IDD tools. We have Precision LMS, but no luck there.

Attachments

• Intersecting_Holes.JPG
    Intersecting_Holes.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 11
Are you using IGES or STEP or something else? can you upload the import data? My suggestion to folks is to simply try stuff. I struggle like most with the move vertex because there seams to not be an OSNAP setting for literally moving vertexes. Like everything there are multiple ways to solve problems. Did you try to simply add a round to the geometry after the import? Is your goal to simply make a solid? Sometimes you can get a solid but not an STL and the vertices are the problem. If you upload the (or part) of the data I would like to take a look or email me [email protected]

Design engine put this 2 day IDD course together. IDD Level 11: Creo Import Data Doctor IDD Level 11: Creo Import Data Doctor Design Engine's 16 hr investment can save you hundreds of hours over a year esp if import is a part of your workflow like many manufacturers. They get imports from their suppliers to place in assemblies. Kenworth, Cat, Deere, Cummins, etc.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back