Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Patterning an Extrude with Group+Feature Failing + Skeleton Modeling Practices

azaex

I'm having some issues patterning an extrude with the Both setting, (feature and group). The extrude is being generated from a sketch that is patterned axially, then the whole group patterned again according to a reference. The reference is coming from another patterned part (the dimensions of the first sketch for the extrude is patterned in reference to the pattern leader), which is patterned according to a point table.
In summary, the model tree looks like this:
Pattern 1 -> of Sketch A (according to a point table)
Pattern 3-> of Pattern 2 (according to reference, which is Pattern 1)
Pattern 2 -> of Sketch B (according to Axis)

The sketches all generate correctly in the proper spots, but the extrude does not.
Interestingly, if I select pattern by feature, the extrude generates a single axially patterned feature properly, and if I select pattern by group, the single extrude copies over to the other table points properly. If I select pattern by both, I see that it generates one iteration of the axial pattern, and every other feature (3 groups actually) after that just sticks itself at the point of the pattern leader. Does this sound like it involves some sort of referencing error?

Here's a link to an example part file I made if you want to check it out:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kx99i05k4nc841r/check.prt.1?dl=0

This problem has existed in Creo for years. I've always had to do other modeling techniques to achieve my goal.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back