Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

how to take a detailed development of bending part model from pro-e

hi i'm new to pro-e i had one part of 1.5mm thk sheet metal solid model drawn in autocad then i took it into pro-e and saved as pro-e file. now i want a developed pattern of that model. could anybody help me please.

Prakash

I'ts good to meet you and welcome to the forum.

There are a few things that you need to know before you can create a flattened pattern. To get to convert to Pro/E you need to use Import data Doctor in order to get a solid. If this goes okay then you must make sure you have a nominal wall thickness. Usually this is the problem for flattening. Many of our customers that take the sheetmetal training use their customer files and learn that that file was not created in a sheet metal package. If this is the case you may have a nominal wall thickness but the surfaces will still not flatten. You may need to modify the IGES file in order to create a fulled surface capable flattening.

If your geometry does not flatten then we need to determine where the problem is. We can do this much like working on your car. You eliminate what the problem is not by deleting geometry in Pro/ENGINEER to a simple form. Flatten that geometry. IF that works you know you problem is else-ware on the part. Move you cuts around appropriately to gain understanding of where you nominal wall problem is. You may have to use surfaces to modify you IGES to a suitable geometry for creating a flattened state. you
could email me your geometry I'd be glad to take a look. [email protected]

I don't think I have any videos online for converting an IGES to Creo then flatten. Ill double check. Maybe Ill create one this week. After checking I realize I don't have one Sheetmetal video https://www.youtube.com/user/designengineeducatio/videos

Last edited:

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back