Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Line Fonts - changing PhantomTrnsp appearance...

pimack

Hi Guys,

Bit of a tricky one possibly here... there was something similar asked in 2006, but it was never resolved... Anyway!

We are trying to create design registration drawings in Creo, some of these drawings require solid lines for certain components and dotted lines for others.

By using the command: > Component Display > Style > PhantomTrnsp
We can quickly apply a line and dash appearance to a component. But we require just a dotted line appearance.

Issue being the only way to apply the line style we currently want is to individually select each line, then choose dotted. Which is quite time consuming with lots of drawings to complete.

We've been experimenting with pen tables to no avail and our latest idea is possibly the more promising.

From my basic understanding of the the way line appearances are generated in Creo, the 'PhantomTrnsp' line uses the 'Line Font,' 'PHANTOMFONT.' Somewhere in the installation files PHANTOMFONT must/should be defined, as we only ever use this font for design registration drawings, we were hoping there would be someway to modify the default characteristics of PHANTOMFONT and instead use the characteristics of DOTTEDLINE.

If we succeeded with the above then every time we use component display > phantomtrnsp then the part would display dotted lines rather than lines + dashes when the drawing is exported.

Problem is I can't find 'PHANTOMFONT' anywhere in the files to have a go at mucking about with it. Does anyone know of anyway to achieve what we are looking for?

I've been in touch previously with people about this and they've said there is no way, but I'm determined to not give up! Thanks for anyones help in advance on this.

First post too so go easy on me!

Paul

Attachments

• phantom font saga.JPG
    phantom font saga.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 7
Hi mgnt8,

Thanks for the reply and apologies for my delay, I've managed to escape CAD for a long weekend at a beach. Alas I must return.

We didn't find anything in the config.pro option either.

At which stage are you selecting 'User Colour?' (Apologies, I'm British and pedantic) is this during the export?

Many thanks for your reply,

Paul

Hi mgnt8,

Just had a look around and saw what you meant, Component Display > Style > User Color (which I've just noticed is spelled like that in the Creo options - daymn!) and then select 'Hidden'

Works perfectly for what we need it for, thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,

Paul

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back