Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Backup assemblies with suppressed components

milindb

Hello Experts,

I have Creo assembly file , which contains multiple suppressed components. I am performing File->Save As-> Save A Backup operation , selecting new path and done.
I have observed in new directory only active components in the assembly were copies and NOT the suppressed one.

I believe Creo should take care of copying suppressed components from assembly. So Is it the same default behavior? OR Am I missing something.

Thanks,
Milind

Are any of the suppressed files simplified reps? If so, not all components would be in memory. I have suppressed many components and sub assemblies in my main assembly and if I backup, it copies all files to the new directory.

Suppressed components are not brought into memory and therefore do not get copied when using backup. You can try opening them into memory and see if that makes a difference, I'm not sure if it will.

Otherwise, resume them, do your back up, and then suppress them again.

How creo user can bring suppressed components into the memory? I feel it should be a background task of Creo where it should locate suppressed component , bring them in memory and do Backup. But sadly it isn't doing it.

Anyways Thanks

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back