Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

default mate constraints

michaelpaul

why oh why does the mate for an axis to axis mate come up defaulted to angle offset instead of coincident? 99.9% of the time I want the axes to be colinear.

often times a plane to plane mate will also default to angle offset too and while I do occasionally want to planes to be at an angle to one another by far the majority of the time I want them to be coincident too.

and why does Creo sometimes take two planes and instead of making them coincident it makes them distance but sets the distance to 0?

it's the small things that make Creo such a P.I.T.A. to work with.

That's slick. Thanks for that. I've been frustrated by this situation for so long I've just learned to live with it (since version 16). How did you know to add this to config.pro? I had to edit the config pro in notepad - couldn't find anything to modify within pro under options. I then opened up pro again, tried it, and it worked. When I look under tools - options now "add_offset_to_constraint_comp no" appears in the list with a red circle with a slash through it. There is no indication of status and no description.
This sounds like some of the map keys I've inherited that can't be recreated any more, but if the mapkey is typed into config pro it works.

thanks for those config commands.

the fact that they exist is great. the fact that you have to know about them to activate them sucks @ss. the fact that they are not defaulted to the options most of us probably use most frequently is just plain stupid.

i seriously wonder if the people that write the code and sell the product ever actually talk to one another

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back