Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF 4.0 performance issues

cityjack

Evening all,

I have a workstation that has been running WF 4.0 for probably ten years or so. The software ran great always. My workstation is a dual Pentium III 1 GHz each with 2 Gig of RAM. It is XP pro OS and I have an Nvidia Quadro4 380 XGL.

Recently I have started to pick up some side work. I opened up a very simple part that was given to me via .step. All I wanted to do was extend a few straight planar surfaces. A simple extrude, use edge, trim corners and away I should have went. But every time I picked an edge the hourglass would pop up and start to blink like it was working. The more edges I picked, the more the hour glass would pop up and blink. Trimming to corners was a slow pain. It all worked but to use edge of maybe 20 edges and trim them took like 5 minutes for the software to catch up.
What the heck is up do you think? Is that a symptom of my video card or my processors do you think? It was never ever like this. This workstation is not nor was it ever hooked to the web. there is nothing else running. This machine is clean except for Pro/E.

Any ideas would be greatly helpful. This is an old license obviously. I cannot afford Creo and I'd like to continue using WF 4 for these simple projects I pick up.

Thanks and have a nice night .

Sid

Have you checked if the amount of ram used or the cpu load has a bump once you import that part? Maybe that step is for some reason quite "intensive" and takes loads of ram, if you only have 2 gigabyte, even with XP, it could be not enough

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back