Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creo 2.0 mass rename of coordinates.

Jmartin2501

Basically, we make our parts based on a skeleton with copy geometry. Only, sometimes during heavy hour pushes, we skip the naming of our Coordinates and just leave them as default cs1, cs2, cs3 etc. We are setting our standard to name them specific names, only we have two thousand+ coordinates with the default name.

I've done map keys, but as most of us know, when you make a map key, the second you do a CTRL+V to paste the name, it puts that into the config file, which is only editable inside the config.

The main problem with this is, I don't want to have to keep going back to the config to edit the pasted name to something else, save, then open the skeleton, run the map key to run the macro to rename the Coordinates.

I've been messing around with Batch file to pop up with a prompt for you to type in a name, then it copies it and closes it. The idea was to have it somehow interact with creo to find the coordinates and change the name in a numerical sequence.
something like,

rsh_001
rsh_002
rsh_003... etc

Pretty much trying to find out a way to mass rename coordinates.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back