Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creo Mechanism Question

sully

I need help setting up the constraints for a mechanism, my experience is limited.

Refer to the attached jpg

The mechanism consists of two separate assemblies.

Assembly One has a fixed part ‘A’ and a moving part ‘B’ which has a general mechanism constraint.

Assembly Two has a fixed part ‘D’ and a moving sub-assembly ‘C’ which has a general mechanism constraint.

In the top level mechanism Assembly Two is assembled first as default and then Assembly One is introduced as a general mechanism constraint.

I can only seem to achieve Fig 2 but need to show the mechanism as Fig 3.

Also when the mechanism is fully mated I need to show the two assemblies in their demated positions on separate drawings, whilst still maintaining the mated position in the top level mechanism drawing.

The config 'enable_advance_collision' is turned on and the 'Global Detection' is on in each assembly and the top level mechanism.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, I have CAD models if needed.

Attachments

• mechanism.jpg
    mechanism.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 24
A mechanism is not required if your intent is just to show the assemblies as shown in your pix.
Use a family table with different dimensions to vary to show what you want.
You could also do it with explode states.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back