Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Ptc Creo and embeded basic Moldex 3d capabilities in every seat

klemene

Dear All,

In PTC Creo 3.0 Launch Presentation from June 17, 2014 Brian Thomson announced that New basic capabilities from Moldex 3d will be embedded in every seat of Creo Parametric. I have installed Creo 3.0 M10 and there is no such analysis. Only what i can access is 3d thickness Check. I was told that i need to buy PTC Creo Mold Analysis Extension, why if they said in every seat?. Please check PTC Creo 3.0 Launch Presentation at time 34:28 Where Brian Thomson said " every body gets it". I was rely looking forward of this functionality. Did i missed something? Can someone give me answer please why it is so!

Best Regards

Klemen

Have you upgraded your license to to whatever PTC is selling today? My experience with PTC is you NEVER get anything for free. Just because functionality is included with a new base level package does not mean you get it with that old package you bought last year. Oh no, you need to upgrade your license for a fee and forever pay maintenance on that upgrade to get the same functionality that PTC will sell this year for less money. They already got you hooked and they are gonna milk you for the rest of time.

I was given same news by Creo technician that Creo 3.0 is up to give such capabilities for free. At the end, while installing the story on my PC, he was more than surprised the promise is a fake. Maybe in later iterations PTC keep her words.

It is indeed in M010. I was just using it yesterday.
The catch is that it's the "light" version that is free and embedded with the basic seat.

It does a few things -
material setup,
the melt front time represented by colors on the model,
and gives you a list of potential problems such as air gaps & weld lines (although not where they're located) & some suggestions for fixes such as reducing fill time

The paid version has a lot more functionality that is grayed out in the light version

Image23.jpg

I think the free version of Simpoe might do more, although it is nice to have it right there in the Pro/CREO session.

And dr_gallup is correct, you need an updated license

Hi, there is some update about this
First , yes you need to you need to upgrade your license for free.
Second, Yes there is mold analyses feature enabled in every seat
Third, what is enabled in every seat is useless.

Best Regards
Klemen

Hi, there is some update on this issue

First; You need to upgrade your license for free to enable Mold Analysis Lite.

Second; When you do that you get enabled Mold Analysis Lite

Third; What is enabled in Mold Analysis Lite is useless.

Hope that in future Lite versions will be more useful.

Best Regards

Klemen

It's not completely useless. It does give a decent overview of how the plastic will flow through the part.

Can you build a mold based on the information?
No

Can you make determinations about the efficacy of specific geometric features?
Not precisely and you're not going to be able to do any fine tuning.

However, you do get a general idea of what is probably going to happen during molding. Take it for what it's worth and then use your experience and imagination to figure out what to do next. Sure, you can't bet the farm on what it tells you, but if you want something that will tell you what to do then you're going to have to spend some money.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back