Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mold Analysis Extension

mgnt8

Has anyone heard of this? I just got an email saying it's their new mold filling analysis, and it's available with Creo 3.0.
There's no mention of whether it costs extra or how it differs from Plastic Advisor.

On September 29th, with the first Maintenance Release (M010) of PTC Creo 3.0 will come a new feature – the Mold Analysis Extension! This new feature will provides functionality to simulate mold filling for injection molded plastic parts. It will provides on-screen animations of the mold filling, plots describing the “moldability” of the design, and the locations of potential problem areas such as weld lines and air traps.

Key benefits include:

• Comprehensive database of common plastic materials
  • Conduct various analysis including: moldability, melt front time, air trap, weld line, sink mark, and pressure
  • True 3D Solid solver which provides more accurate results than 2D technology
  • Animation capabilities for the plastic injection fill process
  • Improve design quality, reduce manufacturing cycle times and rework of molds

The PTC Creo Mold Analysis Extension is only available in PTC Creo 3.0 and offers another great reason to update!

I can't find it on PTC's website, but, then again, I can't find much of anything on PTC's website, including M010.

There are two versions of PTC Creo Mold Analysis:

PTC Creo Mold Analysis (CMA) – a product package with full functionality.
This is the product to sell by PTC.
The user needs a license to run CMA.
PTC Creo Mold Analysis Foundation (CMAF) (Free version) - a light version of PTC Creo Mold Analysis.
The functionality is limited.
It is free for all Creo users.

We are trying to run PTC Creo Mold Analysis (CMA) but it is locking up mold analysis set-up.

undefined.png

Are other users able to get this to work ?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back