Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

sheet location in repeat region

OK got it. Put a view using a blank part where the bubble you want to call out in the bom is. In the region make the sheet & zone columns comments. Add this text to the rows: "&sheet:view:002" "&pos_loc:view:002" respectfully.
with the 002 as the name of the view placed earlier

Here you go

Thanks for the pic.

One question: Is the &sheet a parameter with-in the part or assembly that requires manual input ?

We tried something like this years ago but the sheet number could not be automated then, maybe you have found a method. :confused:

It runs off the grid of the format. You have to set it up in the format. The zone also

After posting I did little reflecting and I think I do recall somewhere hearing about this method. So with any luck I will have to find some time to give it a go.

Thank you for your time and knowledge.AAEAAQAAAAAAAALCAAAAJDE3ZDE2N2RkLTk5ODMtNDk0Ny1hOWQ3LWU5ODU3ZjMzY2QyOA.jpg

We use drawing templates. Should I add the grid to the format used in the template or add a grid to the template ?

Also- Are there any negative implications of using drawing templates when using these location parameters that you are aware of ? Thanks again for your time.

Pro-E the gift that keeps on giving..
Dog_Quest.jpg

Hi Wildmodeler,

Yes it has been a while. I gave this the old college try many months ago and still had something missing. I am just to busy with other opportunities to really dig into it and explain were it is or is not working for me. So I think I will have to leave this one on the back burner for now.

I do know this you have been very helpful and I value your help. Thanks fellow past CT resident.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back