Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Textbooks for Creo (or Wildfire) Cabling and Piping Help

mkaib

Hello:

I am working for a company that is developing a new product. Their products have a many electrical, electro-hydraulic, and fluid systems. Although they are long-time users of PTC products, they have not used the cabling and piping modules to any great extent. However, there would be a welcome transition to doing so.

I am on the schedule to do the "cabling" and the "piping" for the new product and would like to use Cabling and Piping in Creo. I have a rudimentary understanding of using them both, and have produced harnesses and piping concepts to get design points across, but have not done either in a formal way where their end results (harnesses and hose assemblies) would make it to drawings complete with Bill of Materials, and their final release through Configuration Control with an Engineering Change Order.

I was wondering if anyone here could steer me towards any self-help textbooks that they have purchased and have used to achieve solid designs for cabling and piping assemblies and their drawings. I feel that I have enough understanding of the cabling and piping modules where I would not require a tutorial beginner's class at a local training center, but would find it beneficial to be guided by appropriate text materials where I could do the work described above correctly.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Marty

You can get on site training from your local reseller. Training is great for straight questions and answer as you need. The training also provide take away learning materials.

You can get E-learning courses from your local reseller. See -http://www.ptc.com/appserver/services/learning/sub/library_courses.jsp?

You can get on site training from your local reseller. Training is great for straight questions and answer as you need. The training also provide take away learning materials.

You can get E-learning courses from your local reseller. See -http://www.ptc.com/appserver/services/learning/sub/library_courses.jsp?

Thank you for the link. Looks like something that I can do. I need to see if I can get the training approved.

I've been known to get quite a few people trained up to utilize Cabling at their organization. From Setting up symbols libraries,, testing those symbols to completing projects to training everyone on how to do it. I like helping ;)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back