Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

What are some interesting features of Creo 3.0?

A few I notice is:

- You can open many non-native format in Creo and have the feature tree. You can also modify it and save it back to the native format. I think an extra extension is needed to save it back to the native format.

- Freestyle can be used to align with geometries. Pretty useful to build complex geometries.

- The option in the display type called 'Shading with Reflection', you a view pump and HDRI display within the view-port.

- There is also updated edit reference where you can reposition feature. I just notice this today. You just select existing reference and pick a new reference to redefine.

Last edited:
I'll have to say that the Unite Technology is impressive.....although that won't be available until December this year in M020 as I understood it.
This is groundbreaking technology maybe the most impressive of all since Creo was released. Not only being able to open native files from Catia, NX and SW but also getting notifications within PDMLink that there's a change on the native file and that it needs to be updated. Works exactly like Creo parts and assemblies. If you choose to convert it it will be a dumb imported part. No feature tree besides the import feature. You can save it back to original native format but it will be dumb geometry when opening in native CAD system.
There is no extra charge or extension for this.

On top of that there many other improvements. I especially liked that it shows the last missing reference in the graphics window although the parent geometry is no longer there. The Notification center takes you directly into the failed feature and you don't need to find the failed feature in the feature tree.

Finally a complete overhaul of annotations and notes working the same way as a modern Cad system should.

Automatic window activation, new spinal bend interface and the fastener feature which in some way automatically select the correct screw depending on hole size and also assembles washer and nut if wanted. Not sure how this works in PDM environment.

The new chordal round is really useful in plastic design where you can get a fixed radius no matter how the adjacent geometry looks like.

The note and dimension enhancements shown in the tutorial videos looks awesome. If only they'd done that years ago when I was making drawings every day...

Well, spinal bend looks A LOT better. That feature has had the same nonsensical fly-out menus for as long as I can remember.

The Join button in Freestyle is actually quite useful and was not talked about. You can produce more range of free form shapes.

Copy & paste special has been enhanced to become easier to use. edit references works better.... like paste special. Paste special has become a great tool to use in my creo design workflow. Ill have to make a video for that soon

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back